CoffeeBean is a member of the FIDO Alliance and follows FIDO protocols to offer biometrics (fingerprint, face recognition, iris recognition, etc.) as a single or second factor for authentication on mobile apps and websites. These protocols are also used for other types of factors such as PIN, hardware token, smart card, etc.
FIDO protocols guarantees a higher level of security since biometric data never leaves the device and the user is authenticated online using public key cryptography.
Some other benefits of using FIDO are:
- No secrets generated on the server side.
- No link-ability between services and accounts.
- FIDO Certification process provides interoperability between devices and servers.
- “Phishing”, “Man-In-The-Middle” and “Replay” attacks are avoided.
- Data breaches are self-contained and easily managed.